Thursday, January 5, 2023

The Immortal Naturalist's Guide to Cryptic Creatures: Conclusion

This is the final post in the Immortal Naturalist's Guide series, which I explain in this post. Like the introduction, the conclusion will be from the point of view of one of my self-insert characters, Z, the Immortal Naturalist. Since I have been working on this for about two months in real life, I'm pretty happy to actually write this conclusion, even if it turns out to be a little light on gameable information. Anyways, here it is:

    Well, there you have it, fifty creatures that most of the world does not believe in. While I do not imagine my words have changed many opinions, I know this book will be invaluable to someone at some point. In keeping this information brief but useful, I tried to cover the main behaviors, weapons, magical abilities, and ways to defend yourself from everything in this book. Many of these descriptions may seem outlandish, but I promise that this information is all completely true. Each of these creatures, unless they've died since the time of writing, is really out there, going about their business, living their lives. There are some who may try to exploit these incredible creatures, but I am hoping that the types who would do such a thing are too cynical and skeptical to go to the lengths required to even see any of the creatures in these pages. Either way, I suppose it is now up to whoever reads this book to make sure that the knowledge within is used for just causes, and not the exploitation of wildlife.

Anyways, that's all I'm gonna be writing for this project. If I ever decide to do more series from the point of view of the Immortal Naturalist, I expect they will have a similar style to these. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment